The Claddagh (Irish: fáinne Chladaigh) is a traditional Irish ring design which
represents love, loyalty, and friendship. The hands represent friendship, the heart
represents love, and the crown represents loyalty. The ring which was the inspiration for this design, as currently known, was first produced in the 17th century.
You can order:
a Full Kit - Blackwork Claddagh
a Full Kit Coloured Blackwork Claddagh
and then a Chart Only or PDF Kit which includes the charts for both the black and coloured versions.
Please Note: all our charts are for COUNTED stitching and are not printed onto fabric.
- The Finished design size is 37 x 24cm (14.5 x 9.5 inches)
- The Full Kit contains the chart, colour key, instructions, fabric, needle and threads.
- The 'Chart Only' Kit contains the chart, colour key and instructions.
- The Number of Thread Colours used in the colour version is 13 including one metallic thread. We recommend DMC Stranded Cotton for our designs but can specify other manufacturers thread codes on request, please contact us for details.
- The Fabric Count, the Full Kit is supplied with 14 count Aida.
All our designs are created by Debbie Harding, Copyright © DoodleCraft Design Ltd.