There has been great demand for a travel sized DoodleCraft chess board. This small version of our Chessboard is perfect for using when travelling or even to try out Blackwork before starting on the standard size.
The original shown in the pictures here was stitched on 20 count aida but we do have an option which is stitched on 18 count, choose which option you prefer when ordering.
It is an innovative mix of Cross Stitch & Blackwork embroidery styles bringing life and structure to the backgrounds of the squares and creating a uniquely beautiful design.
The flexibility of a fabric games board is suited to so many different ways to fit our lifestyles
- It can be framed or presented on a wooden board under glass to protect your hard-work and the love and passion you put into your stitching
- It is also foldable for travelling unlike many cardboard versions – we even have a customer who has leather backed her kits for use when camping
- It is colourfast cotton so can be washed in warm water without running - and irons well
- The 18 count Aida offers the tension required to provide a flat playing surface for the games pieces – linen can gather more if your tension is not uniform in your stitches
The opportunity to create an Heirloom is here, - why not add a commemorative border to the board and gift to a child as a birthday or maybe christening present instead of a traditional sampler, the child could have it on the wall as a picture until they are old enough to use it to play with. Providing great memories and truly valued present – more details below.
Our Downloadable PDF Kit includes the details for stitching this on 14, 18 and 20 count Aida.
Please Note: all our charts are for COUNTED stitching and are not printed onto fabric.
- The Finished design size on 18 count is 24.5 x 24.5 cm (9.5 x 9.5 inches) and on 20 count is 21.5 x 21.5 cm (8.5 x 8.5 inches).
- The Full Kit contains the chart, colour key, instructions, fabric, needle and threads.
- The 'Chart Only' Kit contains the chart, colour key and instructions.
- The Number of Thread Colours used is 1. We recommend DMC Stranded Cotton for our designs but can specify other manufacturers thread codes on request, please contact us for details.
- The Fabric Count for this design is 18 count Aida.
- There are some fractional stitches used in this design.
All our designs are created by Debbie Harding, Copyright © DoodleCraft Design Ltd.