If you are looking to stitch something special as a gift, or something a little different for yourself, why not try one of our Games Boards.
This design is a Backgammon Board stitched in a mixture of cross stitch and blackwork with a Celtic theme
It is an innovative mix of Cross Stitch & Blackwork embroidery styles bringing life and structure to the backgrounds of the board and creating a uniquely beautiful design.
The flexibility of a fabric games board is suited to so many different ways to fit our lifestyles
- It can be framed or presented on a wooden board under glass to protect your hard-work and the love and passion you put into your stitching
- It is also foldable for travelling unlike many cardboard versions – we even have a customer who has leather backed her kits for use when camping
- It is colourfast cotton so can be washed in warm water without running - and irons well
- The 18 count Aida offers the tension required to provide a flat playing surface for the games pieces – linen can gather more if your tension is not uniform in your stitches
The opportunity to create an Heirloom is here, - why not add a commemorative border to the board and gift to a child as a birthday or maybe christening present instead of a traditional sampler, the child could have it on the wall as a picture until they are old enough to use it to play with. Providing great memories and truly valued present – more details below .
Please Note: all our charts are for COUNTED stitching and are not printed onto fabric.
- The Finished design size is 40 x 40cm (16 x 16 inches)
- The Full Kit contains the chart, colour key, instructions, fabric, needle and threads.
- The 'Chart Only' Kit contains the chart, colour key and instructions.
- The Number of Thread Colours used is 3. We recommend DMC Stranded Cotton for our designs but can specify other manufacturers thread codes on request, please contact us for details.
- The Fabric Count for this design is 18 count Aida.
- There are some fractional stitches used in this design.
All our designs are created by Debbie Harding, Copyright © DoodleCraft Design Ltd.
How to Personalise your Games Board
We can add a message into the border which can be personalised to celebrate an event or time that is personal to you or the people you wish to create a unique gift for. Marriages, births, anniversaries, special birthdays, prizes etc. the choice is yours.
When you order a personalised kit we can amend the border to include text of your choosing up to 30 characters over 2 rows, please note that a border which contains a message will be a little wider than those that do not.
Obviously bespoke kits require some additional effort in creation so there is a slight price difference between the standard and bespoke options, however we have kept this as low as we can. The price for a customised Full kit or a customised 'Chart Only' is an addition of £15 to the standard price
Please allow an extra week for delivery of bespoke kits and charts.
How to Order a Personalised kit
Place your order by selecting the custom option above from the variants offered then send an e-mail to email@example.com quoting your order number in the title. In the body of the e-mail please quote you name and the wording you would like included into the border.