If you haven't tried Blackwork before, why not try one of our simple introductory kits which comes with a short history of Blackwork, detailed sewing instructions and everything you need to have a go.
There are two different kits to choose from:
A Simple Introduction to Blackwork which gives you a taster of stitching Blackwork
Introduction to Blackwork 2 which takes you on the next step of your journey and gives a taster of stitching in colour, filling shapes, using variegated threads and creating texture with blackwork.
Please Note: all our charts are for COUNTED stitching and are not printed onto fabric.
- The Finished design size is 6 x 18cm (2.5 x 7 inches) or 12 x 18cm (5 x 7 inches)
- The Full Kit contains the chart, colour key, instructions, fabric, needle and threads.
- The 'Chart Only' Kit contains the chart, colour key and instructions.
- The Number of Thread Colours used is 1 in the Simple Introduction or 4 in Introduction to Blackwork 2. We recommend DMC Stranded Cotton for our designs but can specify other manufacturers thread codes on request, please contact us for details.
- The Fabric Count for this design is 18 count Aida.
All our designs are created by Debbie Harding, Copyright © DoodleCraft Design Ltd.
Some fills are derived from Ensamplario Atlantio by Kim Salazar